Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving and Decorating for Christmas

Has anyone started decorating for the holidays yet?  My girl, Laurie probably has! :)  I haven't started decorating but I have started thinking about my ornaments and which decorations we'll put out and what we'll make with the kids.  In recent years I'm drawn to brightly decorated trees like the gorgeous Candy colored Christmas tree done by Centsational Girl.  We did a candy themed tree a couple years ago.  I think it was the first or second Christmas when we had the twins.  We cut out our wooden candy shape and glittered them so there wouldn't be anything breakable on the tree.  I put on some bright beads, candy canes and gumdrop candies on tree branches.  It was one of my favorite trees.  

source
The kids are SO excited for Christmas this year.  They feel it's "taking sooo long" for Santa to come. :)  Only in a 4 year olds mind.  I think we'll be writing our letters to Santa over the next few days.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  We have so many things to be thankful for this year.  Enjoy your turkey and all the fixins!

1 comment:

LaurieStar said...

Oh my goodness! I just checked your blog and look at all these new posts! Even one that mentions me! Yay! :)