Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Is it Christmas Today? Advent Calendar Inspiration via Pinterest

More days than not, my four year olds will ask me as they get up in the morning if it's Christmas today?  It must be so hard to not have that concept of time yet.  They understand a bit of it, but one month feels like an eternity.  Stevie in particular is having the hardest time.  Probably because he has a list a mile long that he wants from Santa.  Bella, on the other hand tells me that she wants whatever Santa brings her. 

For the first time this year I bought the kids Advent calendars.  Hurry up December 1st so we can start using them!  Each year I've thought about making one.  There are so many adorable creations out there!  These are some of my favorites that I've been pinning.

I love the bright colors on this one. Must be because of my kids but I've been drawn to bright colors and lights these past few years. This one is unique and the little cans give you more room for little gifties and ornaments or whatever little treats you want to put inside. You could also re-use food containers and cover with scrapbooking paper.

image source
 
I've always loved these cookie sheet calendars!  They are so adorable with all the little decorated magnets.  But, unfortunately with three small children I worry about them going into little mouths.  Maybe when they get older it could be a project we all work on together.  They *love* their crafty projects. :)
 
image source
 
And I'll leave you with one more that I loved.  AND because I've always loved projects with those cute little matchbooks.  You can buy a big package of them for pretty cheap, add a little scrapbook paper and - adorable!  This one is found on the Just a Girl blog.  Go visit. 
 
Add caption
 
We are busy, busy shopping and wrapping presents!  Hope you're taking time to enjoy this holiday season too.

No comments: