Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mosaic Seahorse

Are you having a nice week?  I can not believe how mild our winter is here this year!  I probably shouldn't write this, but we haven't had much snow at all this year.  We had a huge snowstorm (about 2 feet of snow) on Halloween so I thought for sure it was a sign of a snowy winter but that hasn't been the case.  Less snow = less shoveling and plowing so I'm certainly not complaining.

Design Team member Dawn, sent me a picture of some mosaic work she did on our SEAHORSE shape.  I've always been so fascinated with mosaics because I find them so pretty and cool that you can take broken dishes and other pieces and make something so pretty!  Don't you love what she created and the pretty colors she chose?!  I sure do. 


If you have something you've created with our letters and shapes, send them along, I'd love to see your work!

If you're friends with my on Facebook, then you've probably already seen this picture.  But I just had to share it here too. :)  My sister took this picture a couple weeks ago and I thought it was too cute. I can't believe my kids are growing up so much.  They'll be 2 and 4 in April (all April birthdays) and I can hardly believe it.  Have a fun week everyone!

4 comments:

Lisa-Maladylis said...

wow, where does time go ? they are all so cute and grown up ! thanks for sharing the photo, I miss so much as it scrolls by on facebook.

curlyqmosaics said...

wI am a mosaic artist, and I love what Dawn did with the seahorse! Very cool looking! TFS!

LaurieStar said...

What an awesome project and a great idea! I love how colorful and unique it is! And your kids are, of course, adorable! :)

carrie said...

Cute pics of the kids! Love the seahorse mosaic! I started to get into mosaics and made a few things for my shop but... then I started collecting (uh hem hoarding) broken dishes (earthquake gave me a goldmine once!), teacups etc etc etc and it took over an entire side of the garage. When we moved I had to give it all up, which is sad... but I'm no longer a "collector" which is good. But by golly, if we settle down in one place you know I'm going to start collecting things for tiles again because I really love the look of mosaics!