Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Handmade Classroom Gift Ideas {Preschool}

So, I've been thinking about some small gift ideas that I can give to my kid's Preschool classroom.  Keeping in mind that I need to do enough for two classrooms so I know it has to be something fairly easy, and fairly inexpensive.  They have this silly - 'no food' gift rule so candy, cookies and the like, are out.  These are a few of the ideas I've been tossing around.

We've made these alphabet crayons before.  They're really darling and I have lots of candy molds in assorted shapes, letters and numbers that I could use.  But they're a bit time consuming.  We made some as birthday party favors one year.  Tied in a ribbon it's really sweet.

Tutorial here

I love these crayon rolls and have seen many variations of them and super cute fabrics to coordinate would be adorable.  And I love giving them something cute and functional.  But let's be serious - having to make 28 of these is a bit much for this somewhat beginner sewer.  Although the tutorial looks fairly easy.

Tutorial at this lovely blog

And just look at these adorable little jars of homemade finger paints!  What preschooler wouldn't love playing with these!  Bella's favorite project at school is the paints.  And the rubber stamping. :)  I think we'll have to save this for an at-home project since I don't have a bunch of little jars or containers for them all but they sure are cute.

Tutorial found at Easie Peasie

I think I've decided on this Peppermint Play Dough.  My kids LOVE play dough.  They added some glitter to the dough so it's sparkly and fun.  We'll package ours in sandwich baggies with cute little toppers made from scrapbook papers.  I like that my kids can help with the project too.

Tutorial found at The Artful Parent

I'll be sharing teacher appreciate gifts this week as well.  What have you given as class or teacher gifts?

2 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle H. said...

Deb, these are such awesome and fun gifts!!
Love them all!
I gave the teachers a care package gift.
Each gift bag has a small note book that says from the desk of?
I added hand lotion, chap stick, tea, coffee, hot chocolate,( all instant) gel, highlighter pen, sticky tabs to help book mark papers & pages, snall set of tissues, and fingertip moistener.