Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stitched Autumn Leaves Tutorial by Julie Ann Shahin :: 12 Steps to Halloween Project with Altered Bottlecap and Clothespin

Design Team projects keep coming!  Don't you love it?!  I sure do.  I'm thrilled to share another tutorial with you this month by original Design Team member, Julie Ann Shahin.  She inspires us every  month and I personally look forward to what she will create for us each month!  The following tutorial is being featured on the Studio Tangie Baxter blog so you can check that out for more inspiration!  Read on to hear about how she created this fun, vintage looking Halloween project!


Today I’m going to share with you a fun tutorial for a Halloween Decoration using Tangie’s Collage Printable from the Midnight Mischief Collab with Sherrie JD.  First of all, I was inspired by all of the black and white Halloween decorations that I have seen on Pinterest. For instance, this blinged pumpkin, this fun sentiment, this Halloween vignette,  these details,  and these stenciled pumpkins.


TUTORIAL

Step 1



Step 1. The first step is to take these Leaf Shapes from Say It With Letters.com and trace them upside down on felt. Do not adhere yet.



Step 2. Next, embroider with french knots and additional stitches. Adhere to leaves.


Step 3. Print Tangie’s Collage from Midnight Mischief. I printed it onto matte photo paper for my inkjet printer.


Step 4. Adhere Tinsel Ribbon (My Mind’s Eye) to a recycled bottle cap.


Step 5. I put the bottle cap on the collage girl, and traced around it, then cut out the collage girl. She fit into the bottle cap perfectly. Adhere. (also see photo below)




Step 7. Take second bottle cap, and trace around boy image on collage sheet. Cut out and insert into bottle cap. Adhere. Take tinsel ribbon and adhere to outside of bottle cap.
Step 8. Take clothespin, and trace around on zebra border. Cut out and adhere to clothespin.
Step 9. Cut out tag with moon from collage sheet. Adhere to middle-sized leaf with a feather underneath it. Add trim. Adhere bottle cap.
Step 10. Take chipboard frame with a feather, and set on small leaf. Use trim to wrap around leaf and tie in knot. Adhere decorative button.
Step 11. Layer doily, vintage bingo card (or print one from one of Tangie’s kits!), chipboard frame, feather, trim, and bottle cap. Adhere all to leaf.
Step 12. Add clothespin to doily and bingo card for finishing touch!



I told you the project was fabulous!!  Thanks Julie Ann for your inspiration!

2 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Julie Ann is a wizard with all of her projects but I just love the drama of this one...the black felt and the stitching are awesome!
Joyce

LaurieStar said...

I thought I had commented on this post but I see that I have not! I absolutely love the way this project came out and I'm so glad you shared the tutorial! :)