Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Warm and Cozy! New Design Team Projects!

How has your week been?  My kids had three days of school and then the entire house got sick! They were so miserable, poor things.  Just runny noses but enough to feel blah.  But then Tuesday came along (they don't attend school on Monday) and they were still miserable and whiny (did I say that?) and I asked them if they felt well enough to go to school and that perked them right up!  Yes, Mommy!!  It's so nice that three year olds really WANT to go to school, isn't it?  

I was so excited to see what the new Design Team created with their first project and I'm happy to say they didn't disappoint!  Wait'll you see the projects I'll be posting this week!

We have a new COZY {letter set}and the ladies did such a beautiful job with it!  Each one just feels cozy to me and yet they are each unique and different.

One of our newbies, Kim created her letters for her Cozy Kitchen. :)  I just love that.  Sue used these pretty papers from Webster's Pages.  I've always loved their papers.


Look at this pretty ribbon and seed packet!


And I think the canning jars are my favorite!  She cut them out of the scrapbooking paper (clever idea, Kim!)


More xacto work with the bird and butterfly cutout.


Such pretty work, Kim!  You can check out Kim's blog post HERE for more details on the paper line and instructions on how she created these.


These yarn covered and felt COZY letters were created by Dawn and don't they just scream COZY? :)  She used a heart that she felted on her felting machine and organic coconut buttons.


And this is the pretty felted heart she made.  So cool!  You can visit Dawn's blog HERE for further details on her project too!


Cathleen has created these gorgeous, collaged letters that are just so beautiful!  I have always loved the vintage feel of sheet music and once again, it's a perfect touch here.  The silk ribbon and butterflies are such a sweet touch.


 Love the glittery touches too.



'Dare to fly.'


Silk ribbon.


 'Everything I need is right here.'  Perfect sentiment.  Such beautiful work Cathleen.  You can visit Cathleen's blog for more info on what supplies she used HERE.  You can also see her beautiful photography work too.


Check in again this week for more design team projects and another Cozy design plus a tutorial!  Thanks ladies for the inspiration!  And thanks everyone as always, for stopping by!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

WOOHOO!!! Way to rock some "COZY" letters ladies :):)

Scrap for Joy said...

Originality and enthusiasm are evident in this first group...I love everyone's projects!
Joyce

LaurieStar said...

Wow - these are awesome! I love all the birds and butterflies and I never would have thought to wrap them in yarn - what a great idea!

Pamela said...

These are all fantastic ladies!!!! Great work! :)