Wednesday, August 03, 2011

W is for Whale

I had a few ladies from the Design Team create some summery projects using our Whale cutout. I wasn't quite ready for Fall designs yet. :) Next month.

I hope you've been enjoying your summer. It seems to be flying right by. We are busy busy around here. We are probably on our third bottle of sunscreen already. :) We go out for a bit, run through the sprinkler and slip n slide and then come in to dry off and then we go out and do it all over again an hour later. ha ha. We are enjoying our summer. Tomorrow we are heading to the ocean. Max's first visit. Stevie and Bella have been to the ocean but not around here. I'm excited to see what they think.

On to these cute projects! Miss Laurie Star created a SIGN showing everyone the way to their new pool. How cute is that?! I love the polka dots (of course). Too too cute! Look at it hanging off her picket fence.



And look at this charming school boy whale (that was my husband's description of it). :) More polka dots. I think the whale must just scream polka dots! This design is by Dawn Gallop. I really like the crackle effect and isn't that hat fun?





I hope you're all enjoying your summer too. Thanks for stopping by. And thanks for the inspiration Laurie and Dawn. We have a couple more of these I'll be posting soon too. Take care.

8 comments:

earthspirit927 said...

THose whale are just to cute for words great projects ladies!!

Scrap for Joy said...

The whales are so cute..lovin' the polka dots on both. Now if I only had a pool...oh well!
Have a great vacation Deb...I'm sure the kidlets will love the beach.
xoxo
Joyce

STAMPMOM9 said...

Oh I love it!! Yeah your hubby is so right, when I go to make something it just comes to me and I go with it....sometimes no thought and other times too much, LOL!! Thanks so much for the oppurtunity to decorate the whale. I posted it! Have a wonderful week and thanks for the comment...yeah my little ones like Elmo too, I wanted to use that pan before it was too late, although the grandbabies....lol! Hugs, Dawn

LaurieStar said...

I love that little schoolboy whale! Too cute! Our sign has been very popular around here. My husband wants me to design the back side now so we can flip it for no swimming (when he's adding chlorine, etc.). But it's a big hit! Thanks, Deb!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous whales!!
Love them both!!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

These are just too cute for words!!!! I love the little hat. And I wish I had a pool...maybe I'll have to make one for my IL's pool next time. xoxo

Kimmarie Baker said...

Oh My! These came out so cute! tfs

Carrie said...

cute little whales!! I would love to do a kids' room in all whales... so fun!