Monday, October 11, 2010

Tissue Paper pom poms and Hand Print Spiders {tutorials too!}


Are you all enjoying your Fall? What a gorgeous weekend we just had!! It's so beautiful this time of the year. The kids and I have been doing some Halloween crafting around here. We're having a Halloween Party Playdate with their little friends at the end of the month so we've been having fun making decorations and crafting. And our kitchen is looking might cute if I do say so myself. :)
I made my first tissue paper pom poms {tutorial found HERE or HERE}. I've been wanting to make them for a while. They were incredibly easy and now I'm completely addicted!! I bought my tissue paper at the dollar store but Target even has them for cheap. I used one package of tissue for each flower. Now I'm picturing them in different colors all over the house. They'd be cute in the kid's rooms but I was thinking even hanging in our bedroom. Anyway, they're very fun.
Last week we got nice and *messy* with black paint to make these adorable hand print spiders {tutorial found HERE}. They loved getting messy!!! Maybe a little too much.. ha ha. Any project involving the kid's handprints are keepers in my book.
I hope you all have a fun week!!

6 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Oh my goodness! I love them! So cool! What a statement those make!

Sincerely Yours said...

This is just too cute! They look Fab!

Michelle said...

The spiders are just so adorable!!
what a fun idea!!
Love the tissue flowers they are so pretty!!

Scrap for Joy said...

The tissue flowers are on my long list of things I want to try. Yours are great! I've never seen handprint spiders bafore but they are adorable Deb...gotta love anything made my kidlets!
xoxo
Joyce

Destri {The Mother Huddle} said...

I officially need to make some Halloween pom poms! Too cute.

Thanks so much for the mention, made my day!

Destri

Julie Ann Shahin said...

How adorable! Those spiders are soooooo cute!!!!!! I can't believe the kids are big enough to make them!!! :)