Thursday, October 28, 2010

Design Team project :: Christmas inspiration!

So, I know this weekend is Halloween and I probably should wait until NEXT week (or more) to post these projects, but they're just so fun, and I just couldn't wait!!

I'm excited to share one of our NEW design team members, very first project! Bonnie Rose, created this pretty and glittery tree using our standing Christmas tree and even included a tutorial on how she created it.

Step by step:
I painted all the edges and the base of the tree, white - using acrylic paints. Let dry.

Cut out the tree shape using two sheets of 12x12 paper and adhered to wood shape using ModPodge. Let dry.

Added Christmas word stickers (Girls' Paperie) and some MME embellishments and some of my Brave Girl Truths that mean the most to me and adhered using more Mod Podge. Let dry.

Brushed on ModPodge onto sides of tree and sprinkled Silver Glass Glitter on the edges for some real shiny sparkle! Shook off excess glitter and let dry.

Adhered some big bold sparkly tinsel snowflakes, 2 per side (Girls' Paperie) onto the tree. I wanted this tree to really mean something to me this Holiday season.

I really love how it turned out, Bonnie Rose! The sayings really are inspiring. So is the project! Beautiful job!

Laurie's is so, well, "Laurie Star"! :) With her bright colors and pretty fabric. I love that it's not Christmas-y. Eventhough I KNOW she loves Christmas and is probably listening to Christmas music already. I love that it can be kept out year round. She could even put some of her cute flower embellishments on it.
Here's how she created it:
I used fabric strips that were frayed - I purposely let the edges fluff out on each layer, and I love the look of it! My daughter told me it was her favorite project of mine so far - so that's good enough for me! :)
Really adorable, Laurie! Keep checking in this week for more design team shares. Have an inspiring day! xo

4 comments:

LaurieStar said...

In my mind, it's always Christmas! Thanks for posting my tree, Deb! I too, like that I can have it out now, and not have to wait! I also love that it stands on it's own. How cool is that???
Bonnie Rose did a terrific job on hers. Very neat and inspiring! I can't wait to see more of the design team's work!

Michelle H. said...

Bonnie & Laurie your tress are so pretty and so creative!
Love them both!!

stephanie said...

Love these projects. They are amazing.

Kimmarie Baker said...

You both made the trees look so nice! I love using frazzle on layouts and altering too.