Monday, February 01, 2010

simple Valentine crafting with my little girl

Well, I'm glad to be feeling better. I had a bit of a stomach bug that knocked me for a loop for almost a week! The worst was probably about 3 days, but it's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things.

Thought I'd share a few pictures from a little Valentine crafting that my girl Bella and I shared. Stevie had no interest. :) It's a really simple project and took about 4-5 sheets of patterned paper.

First, I printed a template for the hearts on a sheet of cardstock. The template only printed two per page so I just cut out the cardstock and traced it on the back of the paper and got several hearts per sheet/paper. If you had a cricut or something fancy like that, it would have taken less time. We don't, but it really didn't take long to cut them out. Then I pierced two holes in the hearts evenly using my paper piercer and strung the hearts onto baker's twine alternating the paper to your liking. You could use ribbon or whatever you have at home. I hung them in the kitchen and also the kid's room. I hung them during their naptime and Stevie noticed them as soon as he walked into the kitchen. :) Bella now says "hearts" when she sees them. Quick and easy Valentine crafting that will surely bring a smile to your face when you see them.

I'm waiting for my hubby to get home and then we're watching 24. Have a good night.




4 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Debbie! This is so adorable! I love seeing Bella sitting there doing it with you. She looks so grown up! Wow. I'm sorry you've been ill. What a pain! Glad you're starting to get better. :) Miss you.

Kimmarie said...

What a cute idea! That's a girl, Bella, start crafting early in life and you will be happy! Glad to hear you are feeling better Deb.

LaurieStar said...

Happy Birthday! Got ya! :)

LaurieStar said...

Okay.... I know you're a very busy Mommy - but when - WHEN, are you ever going to update this blog????? Inquiring minds need to know!