Monday, January 18, 2010

Love is in the Air at Say it with Letters! Design Team Reveal



It's Design Team time! These ladies BLEW me away this month!! I'll keep it brief because there's *a lot* of pictures to share. :)

They each received either a SCALLOPED HEART FRAME, or the HEART WITH WINGS and they each received one of the HEART ORNAMENTS, from our Set of 5.

Jennifer's up first with this *gorgeous* yarn wrapped scalloped heart frame. I loved it so much, I asked her to do a tutorial. So here ya go. :)

1. Paint the heart shape red.

2. Wrap the heart with red yarn, tying off the ends in the back when you're done. There are holes in the back for hanging this wreath on the wall - just move the yarn aside when you're ready to hang and you'll see the holes. I used push pins to put mine up. :)

3. Using a hot glue gun, add doilies, tags (this one is from Joann's this year if you want the same one), berry picks (from a candle wreath also from Joann's this year), buttons, stick pins, etc.

4. Add a loop to hang, hot glued to the top, if you desire. Or use the keyholes in the back to hang.

Jennifer also has a tutorial on her blog for her strawberry shaped pin cusion (using our heart ornament as the base). Isn't it cute?! And look at the adorable pins she used too.

I love Kory's sweet sentiment on her scalloped heart frame. "I love everything about you". The buttons and rick rack ribbon are perfect finishing touches!


















Julie Ann outdid herself on her heart with wings! Using feathers, more doilies (love them!) and I think tulle around the edges. It has such a soft look. Just beautiful!
You should really take a peek at Julie Ann's blog when you have a moment too. She has some amazing projects on the blog.


Rae created a beautiful shabby project with her heart with wings. The soft ribbon, button and flower are a perfect embellishment.

Laurie's is so bright and cheery! I love the fabric embellishments she added and the little bird. And I love how she connected the heart with wings and ornament together! She said it's hanging outside her door inside her screened porch. Such a welcoming sign. You should visit Laurie's shop Trinkets, for so many fun and colorful embellishments and other goodies too.
Next up are all the cutie ornaments, that are *adorable*!
Rae's rick rack doorhanger with sweet quote is nice for Valentine's day or every day.
Kory's is super cute with the wings she added. And the quote makes me sing everytime I see it. :)
And Julie Ann, once again outdid herself! Her cupcake heart ornament with hand embroidery stitching is just incredible.
Aren't they all amazing??! I loved receiving each one of them!
OK, I'm off to spend a little time with my hubby. He just got home and we have a date on the couch to watch 24! G'night all!


3 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Oooh! All of these came out so cute! Really adorable for Valentine's Day!

Kimmarie said...

Your DT ROCKS! I can't believe all the different ways the girls used the hearts. So creative!!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I heart the hearts!!! You know how to pick a design team Deb!!!! Thanks!!! It's so fun to see the different designs.
P.S. thanks for the blog plug