Monday, November 16, 2009

Guest Designer post :: the fabulous Tammy Hall Tutterow

Happy Monday morning to you! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. We did a little turkey day celebrating yesterday and had a really nice time with family. And it was a beautiful day so we were able to take the kids outside to run around a bit too.

You're in for a real treat with this month's Guest Designer. I'm sure many of you are familiar with her work - the lovely Tammy Hall Tutterow. I've been a long time admirer of her work and was thrilled when she agreed to play around with our products! She loves decorating houses so we sent her our Happy Homes Collection and she went to town. :) She created this darling neighborhood really and they're all resting on a plaque she found for cheap at Hobby Lobby. Read on to learn a bit about Tammy and check out her project too!

The easiest way to describe me and what I love to create is to say "I love to glue paper to stuff". I started scrapbooking about 7 years ago and quickly learned that my real paper passion was for creating altered projects and home decor items. I have done freelance and design team work in the papercraft/scrapbook industry for more than 5 years now. I have been a contract designer with BasicGrey for over four years and have also worked with Provo Craft and Cricut, Prima, Sweetwater, Pink Paislee, and others. My work for Provo Craft can be seen on television in their infomercial for the Cricut Expression.

When I am not creating, I am a busy wife and mother of three. In addition to papercrafts, I love to sew and do ribbonwork and silk ribbon emroidery. I love anything and everything shabby, chippy, and vintage and love to scour flea markets for old treasures to incorporate into my projects and to decorate my home with. When the spring breezes are blowing, you can usually find me playing in the dirt in my flower garden.

Here's more peeks at her project...

She says the door and window on the pink house are covered with vellum so that light can shine through. She got one of those battery operated fake votive candles to set behind it.

I love this project!! I love the saying on the small house. Beautiful job Tammy. Thanks so much for working with us and being our Guest designer this month.













6 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

I have been a fan of Tammys for several years and first found her through Sweetwater which was one of my favorite paper companies. This is such a cute vignette. The vellum over the windows is a great idea with the battery candle! Did Tammy write the quote freehand? It's beautiful!

Jenniwren32 said...

What an AMAZING project! I just love it!!!!

Kimmarie said...

OMGOSH! This is scrapalicious! I love how Tammy made a little village with your products so creative. I have seen that cricut commercial many times as well. Congrats on all you do Tammy.

denean said...

A-MA-ZING!!!! Love, love, love Tammy's work!!!

LaurieStar said...

This is so adorable! What a great idea to make it into a little village like that! I love it! I love seeing different ideas like this!

Kory said...

This is such an awesome project! I think I have an unaltered set of houses lying around, so I may have to try this myself!