Monday, November 23, 2009

Guest Designer :: the lovely Lauren Meader

Good Monday morning to you! I know I just posted a Guest Designer spot, but I just love what Lauren created with our *brand new* standing up Christmas Tree, that I had to share it with you. :)

Read on to learn a bit more about Lauren Meader (she is too cute!) :) You'll love her step by step tutorial on creating this fabulous Christmas tree for yourself!

My name is Lauren Meader. I have been papercrafting since 2004. Once I inked that first stamp it was ALL over!! I dove head first into buying any and everything I could to build my supply, and definitely sought out as much information as my brain could handle to get myself going!

I really enjoy cardmaking but my real passion lies with coordinating cards, gift packaging, and altered items! I get so much joy in personalizing just about ANYTHING I can get my hands on. To be able to dress up the SIMPLIEST of gifts, and making them a WOW! My family and friends can't believe everything I make starts with some cardstock!!

I found Say it with letters after attending a Stampin Around Event in March this past year. We created an altered Chick that was designed by Julie Massee. I immediately went home and placed a order!! HOW FUN!

Now just in time for the holidays I have a FABULOUS tree for you that is SO easy, but will definitely be the talk of the holiday decor! There are so many possibilities, but with Christmas around the corner I wanted something SPECIAL!

I hope you like my project. This took about 25 minutes to make. Definitely a great project to create for so many!

Tutorial:

Pick your cardstock color.
Layer wooden image onto cardstock.
Trace around image
Cut out
Apply Zip Dry liberally
Layer on cardstock. Rub with rubber brayer to ensure glue sticks
Cut strips 1 1/2 inches. Punch with scallop border.
Adhere to tree base
Apply a small row of dimensionals for a little POP, and adhere to top of strip using Zip Dry.
Repeat, repeat, repeat!
Trim excess with hobby blade. I flip it over for the best, neatest and closest cut.
Apply glue to scallop bottoms.
PILE on the chunky glitter
Add a few strips of tinsel ribbon, and a bow!
I found some various holly branches at the craft store, I cut off the "berries" and hot glued them on with a hot glue gun.
I added a stamped centerpiece using Old Fashioned Christmas Borders & Centers Round It was the perfect accent to my project! The cuff is 3D. The frame is glittered, and there are of course, glittered tassels.

This is just a stunning centerpiece or holiday decoration!

I told you you'd love it! Glitter, gorgeous colors and the little ball decorations are all so perfect! And I love how the bottom notched pieces look like a pot that the tree is sitting in. :) Beautiful job Lauren. Thanks so much for your inspiration! Go visit her blog for more beautiful projects (and pictures of her cute kids too).

Have a wonderful day everyone. And as always, thanks for stopping by!











7 comments:

Kory said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Jennifer Priest said...

Totally gorgeous tree!!

yoxul said...

thanx you vry nice post alışveriş

Scrap for Joy said...

What an adorable tree. I love the papers that Lauren chose and the glitter....isn't everything better with glitter??? I'm liking the "tree" theme this year, you'll see more about that later. I also love that the tree stands on it's own. Super duper!

Klik said...

Nice tree! Thanks alot!

LaurieStar said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is simply gorgeous! What beautiful work she did! :)

Sarah said...

Just darling. Can trees be darling?
Well, yours is.