Tuesday, October 06, 2009

thanks + fabulous Halloween project

I am really touched by all the baby love. Thank you so much. It feels good to share it. :)

With Halloween just around the corner, I wanted to post this adorable project by new Design Team member, Jennifer. She took our Happy Home Collection and broke it up into 2 projects. The first one is this spooky-chic candle holder. Some of the details I love are the sequins and spider web roofline and the googly eyes along the bottom. Here's how she created the project.




I used the middle house and the smallest house to make a candle holder. The small house is the base that I glued the middle sized one to. There are little teeth in the door and German glass glitter lining the inside of the windows and door. I rubbed stickles into the tulle "smoke" to make that sparkle too.


Supplies:
Trim - Fabric Barn, Bazzill
Google Eyes - Michael's
Diecut - Little Yellow Bicycle
Paper - Bazill, Basic Grey
Ink - Colorbox, Tattered Angels
Punches - Martha Stewart
Glitter - Stickles, Jolee Jane
Paint - KaiserCraft
Candle - Partylite

And with the large house, she created a "Welcome to our Home" sign to give to her sister who just bought a house. Sweet housewarming gift, isn't it?

Supplies:
Paper - Webster's Pages
Stick Pin, Tulle - Inland Wholesale Floral
Ribbon - Stampin' Up, Creative Impressions
Page Pebble, Flowers - Prima
Ink - Tattered Angels, Colorbox
Paint - Michael's
Punch - Fiskars
Alphas - Making Memories
Buttons - 7 Gypsies




Enjoy Jennifer's projects. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

LaurieStar said...

So, she did both of these? Wow - I am impressed! Very cool to do that - I especially love the Halloween one - very spooky and cool. Inspiring! :)

Emily said...

Beautiful decor Jennifer! You've got the right gal on your team, that's for sure! can't wait to see more!

Jennifer Priest said...

Aww thanks! I am having a hard time giving up that "Welcome" sign!! It was super fun playing with the house set ;)

Scrap for Joy said...

Both projects are great Jennifer! I love the "Welcome to our Home" idea especially! What a great idea for a new home gift. I think I need to borrow that one.

Kory said...

Fabulous projects Jennifer! I especially love the welcome sign - those flowers are beautiful!