Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Design Team shares :: Cute Wall Decor

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a good week. What a gorgeous day it is here today. The sun is shining.. now if only I could be at the beach. :)

I'm so excited to share our design team projects this month. We used three of my favorite shapes and once again, the team created some magical designs! This first snail by Julie Ann is so bright and cheery. Isn't it adorable?! She used felt, flocking and handstitched the felt. I love the sentiment too, slow down. Especially as we come into the busy holiday season.










Julie photocopied a vintage children's book and used the image on her design. She couldn't bring herself to tear up a book. :) I love the soft colors and bead she used for the eye.
And I love the papers Jolene chose on hers using the yarn to outline is so clever. And hello - little beady eyes, they make me smile. :)
Laurie's little ladybug is so fun and bright using her signature buttons. I like that she didn't go with a traditional red color on hers.



And Chrys' sweet baby boy whale. What can I say, I'm a sucker for all things baby. :) I love the little charm she added on the tail and the glitter outline. The quote reads, in case you can't read it - "from small beginnings come great things."

And Kory took the whale shape to a whole other level by using it as an embellishment on an oversized corkboard. She outlined it with ribbon and sequins and will hang it outside her daughter's room putting pictures of little Ainslie on it. "Havin' a whale of a good time". Cute, huh?

Gorgeous job ladies!
Don't forget to check out our Design Team call. You can get more details further down on the blog HERE.
Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Jenniwren32 said...

Oh WOW!!! These projects are AWESOME! Love the whale cut out - too cute!

LaurieStar said...

Ooh! I love seeing everyone's designs together!

Kory said...

I always love seeing what everyone does with the same shape. They turn out so different and each one is super amazing!

Julie Masse said...

Such fun projects - I love all the bright pretty colors and beautiful designs!! Everyone's projects are so inspiring!! :)

Kimmarie said...

It's great to see how everyone creates the same item so differently. Love what everyone did! Great corkboard!

Hot Cover Girls Central said...

wow!! that's great.

-cathy young
http://fashionhotcelebs.blogspot.com/