Friday, July 31, 2009

Guest Designer :: the talented Miss April McCrumb of Catching Fireflies and a.i. paper design

Hello my friends! It's the weekend!! I'm so excited to show you the latest project from another one of our Guest Designers. Funny thing is I sent these projects out a while back and they all came back at once. :) But I just wanted to share.

I found April's work several years back before I ever knew she had a blog. One of the little gift shops nearby had several of her adorable clip frames and I was immediately smitten. They're decorated with the prettiest handmade papers and darling embellishments for a perfect finishing touch! Since then, she's expanded into so many different designs like, kids artwork hangers (which I love!), recipe card holders, handmade journals and photo albums and so much more. She also runs a fun and whimsical retail shop in Michigan, Catching Fireflies that reminds me of a little shop I used to manage (and miss). She's one busy gal! But... I was lucky enough to have her be one of our Guest Designers.


She took our seashell shape, turned it upside down and created this fun, colorful and did I mention *adorable* party dress! Wish I could have one in my size it's so cute! :) She decorated it with some bright handmade papers mixed with colorful ribbon, pom poms & berry beads. My favorite part are the flowers along the hem.
Thanks April for playing with us! And thanks for the inspiration. You can visit the Catching Fireflies blog for great links, eye candy, featured artists (and recipes too).
Hope you have a fun weekend!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Just beautiful!! Love the dress and the flowers too. But that cute little photo is also adorable.

Raechelle said...

so fun and cute! Love the colors!

LaurieStar said...

Wow! Great work! I love to read about other artists! I am off to check out her blog now!

ellen s. said...

beautiful!

Kory said...

This is adorable! I love the bright, fun colors!