Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Guest Designer :: the lovely and talented Andrea Singarella from One Hundred Wishes


Hello sweet blog readers! Did you notice I've posted a couple times this week? :) I'm trying to get on a bit of a schedule. So hard with summer activities and warm weather to play outside!

I wanted to share a Guest Designer project that I know you're going to love! Isn't this strawberry beeeautiful?! Our Guest Designer is the lovely Andrea Singarella. You can read more about Andrea on her blog, Velvet Strawberries. She also runs a webshop, One Hundred Wishes full of vintage treasures and yummy sweets! Andrea's blog used to be a daily read for me.. up until I had little ones when I don't have quite as much free time. Ha! I still love to check in and get inspired by her photos and see her adorable boys too! Read on for steps on how to create the pocket strawberry.

First, I covered the entire piece with vintage ledger paper and then hot glued pink velvet ribbon along the outer edge.




I wrapped the stem with green velvet ribbon and glued on some velvet leaves that were saved from an old hat. Then, I added a green bow and some white flowers to resemble strawberry blossoms.




Next, I traced the shape of the bottom half of the berry, cut it out of scrapbook paper and also cardstock. I stitched the scrapbook paper to the cardstock for extra thickness. I glued it to the strawberry, just around the bottom curved edges to create a little pocket. A bit of Dresden border finished off the top of the pocket. {This is actually the reverse side of the silver foil scalloped borders in my shop. I love the beige craft paper color.}




I tucked this hand-tinted picture of my Grandma, from the 1940's, into the pocket.



Finally, a little bouquet of flowers was taped to the pocket, using metallic masking tape {also from my shop}.
I love all her special touches! Thank you Andrea for the inspiring project. The strawberry shape can be found in our shop here. And to read more about Andrea, visit her blog!
Have a happy day!!

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

this is gorgeous!!! I just adore all the velvet.

LaurieStar said...

Wow - this project is really pretty. Amazing to me - everyone's different takes on a project. Hers is very soft and pretty. Cool!
And yeah - all of a sudden, you're blogging again! I love it! :)

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Deb! Glad to see you back! This is so unmistakably Andrea's work. I love the soft vintage look of it and agree 100% with Laurie that it's cool to see different takes on the same shape. Beautiful!

Jenniwren32 said...

This is beautiful!

ellen s. said...

i just love how you used the trim! beautiful