Thursday, July 30, 2009

Guest Designer :: the artist Michelle Allen


Hi again! I've got a few more projects to post so I thought I'd share my friend Michelle's project. I found Michelle's blog quite a while back and was immediately inspired by her work. She's participated in one of our swaps and I was a lucky one to receive one of her ornaments and knew I wanted her to be a Guest Designer!

Do you recognize which shape you used?? Yup - the seashell shape that she turned into this gorgeous and vibrant peacock!





The colors are gorgeous! I love how "outside the box" she went with it too. Here's a couple tips she has to create the look.
*i used acrylic paints for the painting
*a Uni-ball Signo pen for the fine white lines
*Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils for the lines around the feathers
**note: if you use mediums that aren't waterproof you'll want to spray them with a Workable Fixative to save yourself a lot of grief
Thanks Michelle for playing along with us and for the inspiration. You can find more info about the project on her blog, Michelle my Belle.
Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

OH MY! This is over-the-top unbelievable! Michelle's art is so unique. I was also lucky to be in her ornament group and I smile at my magnet on the frig every day! A peacock from a sea shell shape! That's way beyond what my brain could ever come up with. Beautiful job Michelle! (btw-are we doing it again this year????)~Joyce

Kory said...

This is amazingly GORGEOUS! Just stunning and so vivid! I really wish that I could paint!

Raechelle said...

wow! This is amazing! I wish I had an ounce of Michelle's talent.

Jenniwren32 said...

This is just AMAZING!!! So beautifully done!

Jolene said...

This is downright INCREDIBLE!! Such beautiful art, and definitely thinking outside the box. Thanks so much for sharing!

ellen s. said...

that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

LaurieStar said...

How could I have not seen this post! Simply gorgeous work! She never ceases to amaze me!