Tuesday, May 12, 2009

More Design Team shares and New Kits!


What a gorgeous day it is here today! The sun is streaming in the windows and the trees look like their lit up from the sun! I love this time of the year (well, when it's not raining that is). Although, I even love the rain when I can see my flowers grow!
I wanted to share Heather's Design Team project from this month. She went with a totally different look on the Nesting Collection. These two projects each have their own feel to them. (The bird is also sold separately). I love the vintage papers she chose on the bird and pretty ribbon and lace around the neck.


And the egg... I adore the mosaic design she created with it. Here's how she created the look with the egg:
I primed and painted the piece with acrylic paint and then did a mosaic out of handmade mosaic tiles which are made from Sculpey clay and embossed with rubber stamps and hand painted. There are swarovski crystals embedded in some as accents. The entire thing is sealed with clear acrylic sealer.
We have one more design team project to share and you won't be disappointed in it! Hopefully I'll get that posted tomorrow. We are loving this beautiful weather and have been playing outside. :) Soon they'll be running out there!!
Oh, and we have a couple new kits listed. The colorful Summer Breeze and graphic and classy Audrey Hepburn. Loaded with so many fun items and very reasonably priced too. Hope you're enjoying your week!

4 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Wow! I am totally loving that egg! What a unique take on that - I never thought to use polymer clay. Awesome!

denean said...

Love the egg! What a cool idea!!

Raechelle said...

Both of these items are gorgeous! That bird has come to life and that egg is spectacular!

Jolene said...

The bird is my favorite. Really pretty!