Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sweet Ainslie Eleanor

So, I was going to post about something else today but when I saw these letters this morning I wanted to share them and thought you might like them too. :) Design team member, Kory had her sweet baby girl, Ainslie two months ago. The letters are so perfect for her room! She and her husband spent some time researching fonts for just the right look they wanted and sent us the sample to work with. I love the way they came out.

Here's how she created the look:
I did the first name using Golden Gel Medium and some old pages from a book. After I had covered all of the letters in the torn up book pages, I created a wash with lime green paint and water and painted all over them. Once that had dried, I painted the sides of the letters in black and then went over the entire letters with glossy ModPodge. The middle name was painted red and the edges were sanded and distressed before I added a thin layer of red glitter. I love how they turned out and think they really make her nursery look perfect. Ainslie loves looking up at them when she's laying in her crib!


Isn't the nursery sweet? Kory also made the crib bumper and accessories in the room. This is a little piece of art she created for the room (not SIWL's related but I just think it's too cute). :)
And I just wanted to thank you for visiting our blog. I know how busy life gets and I really appreciate you taking time to visit and see what we're up to. :) Have a happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

this room is just beautiful! The letters are perfect!

Happy first birthday to your precious babies Deb!

The Soladay Family said...

Love it!

Kory said...

Awwww, thank you for the kind words about Ainslie's room Deb! It was so fun to put together and making all of the bedding and curtains makes the room all that more special to us.

The credit for the cute canvas that I made actually goes to Maggie Holmes - I saw her canvas in the February issue of Scrapbooks, Etc and had to make one for Ainslie's room.

denean said...

These are so COOL!!!

Scrap for Joy said...

What a beautiful, cheery room! Looks like it's right out of a magazine! Great look Kory! (The letters look awesome!)