Monday, March 09, 2009

a little baby talk, a little weekend talk and a little baking talk

The babies went down very easily tonight for bed. They're always pretty good... but tonight especially. Gives me extra time to play a bit.

We had a really nice weekend. I spent a little time with some old friends yesterday. Most hadn't met the babies yet and they just ooohed and aaahed. :)
It was pretty cute. And they were so good (love when that happens!)

Today I baked this super yummy Apple Cake Tatin. Doesn't that sound fancy? :) It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe. I pretty much love anything she does. This was especially good but really sweet. The recipe was actually made with plums but it said you could substitute with apples or peaches. I think they all sound yummy and may need to bake it again this summer with fresh fruits.

Alright, I'm off. I need to pack up some orders, write a few e-mails and get the coffemaker ready for my morning fix!

2 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Mmmm....yum. That looks delicious! You'll have to share the link to the recipe sometime. I'm going to attempt to make peanut butter chocolate squares later this afternoon - I'll send you the recipe if they turn out good!

Scrap for Joy said...

Oops-I've not been visiting here lately and you've been posting a lot. First of all let me say that this look scruptious! I love Ina Garten-anything she makes starts with a stick of butter. How can anything with that beginning be bad?