Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a good day!

Aren't these eyelet lanterns sweet? I have such a thing for paper lanterns. I bought an assortment of 3 for the nursery and still haven't hung them. Where I originally wanted to hang them, I don't think they'll work now so I'm thinking above the changing table.

We had a nice day today. I had a couple errands to run. Needed to drop off an order to FedEx. Our driveway is sheer ice these days and I knew our FedEx lady wouldn't make it up the driveway. Trying to balance a 20 inch box on top of a stroller is tricky but I managed. The package wasn't terribly heavy, just awkward. We also hit a consignment shop nearby and scored a set of dishes that's the exact match to my sister in laws. They were only $5 and I just couldn't pass them up. I just figured who can't use extra dishes?! Our last stop was the library which I've been wanting to get to for weeks but just haven't. It's a small town library so we don't have the latest and greatest but I did get a couple books and also a few magazines. I have such an addiction to magazine and since having the babies I don't have the time and just haven't renewed subscriptions so getting them at the library is the PERFECT solution! I got the latest Better Homes and Gardens because they have a feature on the Barefoot Contessa's garden. I also got Country Living because it's one of my faves. I was flipping through it last night in bed and they had a little section on a wall of letters. A mixing of letter styles. Very cool. I should run. I hear a little one waking up!

4 comments:

Kimmarie said...

Those lanterns are cute. Sounds like you had a productive day. Yeah for good magazines.

Kimmarie said...

I don't want to ruin the good day you had but today is a different day so I decided to tag you. http://kimmarieskorner.blogspot.com/

LaurieStar said...

Glad to hear you got out and about. And I am a local library lover, too! Soon you'll be getting bedtime stories there for the little ones - ours has videos to rent for free - can't beat that! :)

LaurieStar said...

Hey - time to update this blog with something colorful! :)