Thursday, December 04, 2008

What's New?? October Afternoon's Good Cheer for one!

I put together this cute kit over the weekend and thought I'd share. It's got October Afternoon's GOOD CHEER papers, alphabet stickers, cute little stickers with cute little sayings and lots of other fun embellishments. These papers are even more gorgeous in person with blues, reds and PINKS! You can find it HERE in the shop.

And I just had to post this little project by design team member Kory using our new CANDY shape. It's the CUTEST thing!! She said it was super easy and here's how she did it...

I started out by painting my shape with light ivory paint. After it had dried, I added a layer of pearl finish paint (both paints were from Delta). Next, I divided my candy into 4 parts using a pencil and a ruler, and then I used Zip Dry glue and glitter (in red & white) to create the peppermint candy part. After the glue and glitter had dried, I added ribbon, iridescent mesh, a fabric saying, and some cute little holly leaves. This project was super quick and easy to make and I love how it turned out!

Check in this weekend.. I'll be putting LOTS of kits on sale to make way for new stuff! You can also join our mailing list to get all the latest info firsthand! Click HERE to get started.

Oh, and if you're in our Handmade Ornament Swap, the deadline is tomorrow to mail our your goodies! Have a creative day.

3 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Love the candy shape! Very cute.
Karla

LaurieStar said...

Your blog has been looking so cute lately with all the cute Christmas shapes and kits. I love it all!

Jolene said...

Super sweet!