Wednesday, September 17, 2008

'tis the gift to be simple

Finally back to the living here! I've had a stomach bug of some sort. So happy to be feeling better.

I wanted to share more design team projects. These are two of my favorite shapes - the apple and acorn! And I love what Kory did with them. That Daisy D's paper is sooo pretty and I think her little touch of pearls on the stem is a little unexpected and so cute! Kory has instructions on her blog as to what she did to create the look. You can check that out here.












And the acorn... I love this shape! Falling leaves.. sweather weather and back to school! I do love this time of the year. I'm really liking that chunky fabric brad she used. It reminds me of a big comfy couch. HA! You can visit Kory's blog for more info on the project and also for details on the products she used.




And thought I'd leave you with one of my favorite quotes that just reminded me of Kory's projects. Have a fun day everyone!

"Tis the gift to be simple,'tis the gift to be free,'tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,and when we find ourselves in the place just right,'twill be in the valley of love and delight." Old Shaker Hymn

8 comments:

Julie Masse said...

Oh these are just gorgeous!!! I LOVE the paper on the acorn - the weathered look - so wonderful!! :)

Kory said...

Glad that you're feeling better Deb! :-)

Heather said...

sorry you have been under the weather. Yuck. Glad that it has gone away tho.
These look great, i especially love the acorn!

LaurieStar said...

Debbie - sorry you were so sick! Blah! Glad you're getting better - just in time for leaf peeping season. :)
I love Kory's projects. So fall-ish. Nice!

Jolene said...

These colors are downright scrumptious! Kory, what an amazing set!!

Deb, glad to hear you're feeling better. (HUGS)

KSmith said...

those are just gorgeous! perfect paper and love the little touches

Raechelle said...

Love these Kory!

glad you are feeling better Deb. It's not easy being down with little ones.

Kimmarie said...

Sorry you didn't feel well - I had the stomach bug for 4 days and it was no fun but at least my kids are older you have 2 little ones to deal with. ugh! Anyway, I love both items but I especially love the tag on the acorn! Wonderfully done!