Monday, September 08, 2008

feeling FALLish :: Guest Designer, Jolene Johnston

Summer really is behind us. The cooler weather here has me welcoming Fall. It's also easier to take the babies outside for walks because it's not a thousand degrees! :)

The design team has been decorating their little hearts out with fall and yes, Halloween projects. Each one is so different from the next.
I'm thrilled to welcome Jolene Johnston as one of our Guest Designers this month. Her project really inspired me too. As soon as she sent me pictures I told my hubby to cut me a set of letters to decorate for our kitchen! I know they'll make me smile each day and they're just so welcoming. Read on for a bit more info on Jolene and enjoy her FALL project.

Hi, I'm Jolene Johnston. My husband, Scott, and I are getting ready to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. We have two feisty little boys named Matthew (age 3.5) and Ian (age 7). We live in Fishers, Indiana, just northeast of Indianapolis. I currently teach scrapbooking and cardmaking classes at a local scrapbook store and enjoy making handcrafted gifts for family and friends.

I hold two degrees in music education and taught elementary choral and classroom music for ten years. I am an avid cardmaker, rubberstamper and altered artist. My crafting work has been featured in several print publications, online ezines and regularly appears on several challenge blogs.

I am honored and thrilled to work with Deb, Julie and the Say It With Letters Design Team this fall. Thanks for checking out my work!


Jolene told me she really wanted to focus on texture and natural elements, so she used flowers, leaves, wheat, acorns and twine.



You can find these *new* FALL letters right HERE. Thanks Jolene for working with us. You can find more inspiring projects on her blog.

6 comments:

Jenniwren32 said...

Beautiful Jolene!!! The acorns are such a cute touch!

Jen

Julie Masse said...

I just love how beautiful and rich this is - the colors are stunning and all the fall touches make it just perfect! Great great job Jolene!! :)

Raechelle said...

these are gorgeous Jolene! They are so warm and welcoming! Congrats!

LaurieStar said...

Yes, Deb - don't you breathe a sigh of relief now that the weather is better for the babies? I used to worry about mine on the 90 degree days.

Jolene - what an awesome job on these! I too, was inspired and in a fall mood after I saw your letters. Oh, and happy Anniversary!

Kory said...

Beautiful work Jolene! I am so ready for fall! :-)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Yay Jolene!!! You rock.