Monday, July 28, 2008

nursery photos

Did you have a nice weekend? I sure did. Most days tend to just run into the next around here. :) However, we did have such a nice time visiting with Laurie and a few other friends and their families. Nice lunch, good conversation, doesn't get any better than that!
I've been taking pictures of the nursery lately. I guess I'm feeling like I need to document everthing these days. I don't get much spare time to scrapbook yet so I've been trying to blog and write things on the calendar to remember.

I just love the nursery room. It's so bright and cheery and gets tons of natural light coming in the windows. We really didn't want to go with any specific theme in there but I knew I wanted to use our shapes and letters :) so we've finished a few projects that I thought I'd share one of them.
This is a 24 inch '2' that I covered with a roll of 4x8 foot corkboard - found it pretty cheap online and used two layers. I was going to x-acto around the number but I ended up just tracing the number onto the corkboard and cut it with a good pair of scissors. I ended up ripping it in a few spots but it doesn't seem to matter much since I covered it with fabric. I wanted to quilt some fabric together but I just decided to get one piece and be done with it. We just hung it up a couple days ago. I used our cute little heart topped pins to hang things. :) I really love how it came out.

9 comments:

Kimmarie said...

The number 2 looks great! I love the idea of the cork and fabric. I must give it a try. tfs

Bethany said...

Ohhh thanks for sharing!! That "2" is really cute!! What a unique idea!!

I also wanted to say thanks for the ice cream cone I won in the giveaway! It came last week! For anyone who has never used any of these products...they are definitely worth every penny! The quality and size is above and beyond...THANKS!!!

Colleen said...

Super cute!!! TFS

Jenniwren32 said...

Such a great idea and that fabric is gorgeous!

denean said...

I just adore your "2"! What a great idea - TFS - gonna give this a try!!

{monica} said...

I've been on vaca and have missed some CUTE projects on the blog! Love your number 2!

LaurieStar said...

Oooh... I'm loving that #2! How cool is that? I like that you can hang other stuff all over it!

jenstamps said...

Adorable projects!!! I never thought to cover cork with fabric ~ very COOL!!!

And OMG I had NO idea you had those heart pins!!! Can I tell you I spent hours looking online one night for those and never did find them! I am doing the happy dance right now!!! :)

Jolene said...

I love how this turned out! Cute idea to use the heart pins.