Thursday, July 24, 2008

Design Team :: Colleen Schaan

Check out Colleen's projects. I just love what she did with the banner pennants. She's is just so "outside the box" I love it!! I'm going to list it in her words since firstly, she's a great writer and secondly, she's freakin' hilarious! Enjoy!





The key... I was going to paper it up with this gorgeous vintage paperand add lots of antique embellishments... but then I started thinking"outside the box" ... I like to make my stuff... usable... so Idecided to add little hooks and make it a key holder for the wall...but then I decided it wasn't too original. I was on the phone with myfriend (who is a grade school teacher) when the idea hit! I made hera "bathroom key" for her classroom! She is always wanting somethingBIG they can take with them and hang on the door... so it is prettysimple... but she loved the photos I sent... (I'm packaging it uptomorrow to send out!)


Now... the banner pennants... I was planning on doing a BIG flower with each one as a part of the petals... but that just didn't work out...so then I started painting them up and decided I was going to make door hangers. Another friend has 5 children and they all have their own "space" so I thought I would do one with each child's name on it on one side and a Keep Out on the other... and they could hang it on their door... well, that morphed into these "family fun" holders... I was going through my photos to see if I had one of each child and I didn't...but I saw these of my in-laws and the idea just sort of took off from there. I like the way I can place them on the mantle in any configuration I want. I love them!



.
.
.
.
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love that banner! That is darling...whata creative idea!

Kimmarie said...

I bet your friend will love the key. Those banner pictures are sooo fun! Love the idea! I just got mine yesterday, I am brainstorming on what to do with them. So many wonderful ideas here!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for stopping by! I loved the chipboard flowers.

Julie Masse said...

Love Colleen and her work!! GREAT projects - so unique!! :)

LaurieStar said...

Colleen - your banner idea was too funny! I love the way you turned it completely into something else! Great idea!