Wednesday, April 09, 2008




GIRLS!! I'm almost there! It's been a while since I've updated so I thought I'd chit chat a bit. :) I've been in the hospital (again!) for the past, oh, two weeks I guess. It's been a long couple of weeks... they had decided to keep me in the hospital until the babies arrive so it's just been lots of testing, waiting and wondering when and how long. I'm almost 37 weeks now, which is technically full term for twins. They are both doing wonderfully - always active and their last ultrasound they weighed about 5 pounds! It's hard to believe I've been on bedrest since 25 weeks when they were just barely 2 pounds, rushing to the hospital thinking they could be delivered that early. I'm very thankful to be able to get to where we are although I do have to say I've felt pretty miserable for the past few weeks - just tired, huge, sick of bedrest and not being able to go anywhere. It's kind of sad when my excitement for the day is a shower!! Ha!
But... they've scheduled my c-section for Friday!! This Friday - wahoo!! We found out yesterday and I've felt better than I have in weeks knowing there's a scheduled date and that it's so soon. I feel ready - well, I guess as ready as I'm ever going to be! I've been dreaming about them and just can't wait to see them! Please keep us in your thoughts and I'll be sure to update you, with pictures :) very soon!! Life is good!

19 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Hooray! Hooray! I can't wait to meet the newest additions to your family! I know it's been a very hard and long road for you. But it's going to be sooo worth all the trouble. I am so very happy for you, truly, and wish you the easiest labor imaginable. All my love to you, Steven and the twins! :)

Colleen said...

Ohhhhh, I am soooo excited for you. Just think, in a few short days you will have two wonderful additions to your family.

Get lots of rest now...your going to need it.

I'll be thinking and sending positive thoughts your way!

(((HUGS)))

Sweet Petunia said...

I know bed rest is not fun, but your beautiful little babies are growing daily.

I had my youngest daughter when she was 26 weeks and weighed 1.5 lbs...so even though it has been miserable for you these last few weeks/months definitely worth it.

Wishing you a blessed delivery.

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Deb! What an answer to prayer. I've prayed for you since...before the pregnancy!...and now you're down to just a couple days before delivery. Your time will soon be filled with babies and diapers, and the joy of being a mommy.

Hugs to you!
love,
Heidi Woodruff
Everyday Cookies blog

Sugar Bear said...

How exciting! My thoughts are with you.
Karla

Raechelle said...

How exciting!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!~ In just a few days everything will have been worth every minute you've been laid up. :) Rest up, you're going to need it ;)
rae

Kara Ward said...

Hang in there...it is almost time for the birthday party...

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Life is good indeed!!! Yay! Looking forward to pics. :)

Kory said...

Deb, I am so incredibly excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of them up on the blog! Kory

UK MUM IN USA said...

I wish your twins a Happy Birth Day. Hope it all goes well for you and dh.

Marci Knecht said...

I wondered where you were. I'm glad to know that everything is okay. Wow, Friday....yikes! Best of luck with the delivery, Congrats.

Julie Masse said...

Oh Deb! How exciting!! I remember all to well the wait and it's so great you only have 1 more day!! :) I'll be praying for you, I've had 3 sections so if have questions ask away! :) Can't wait for the pics!

Carrie O said...

I WISH I LIVED CLOSER!!!!!! BEST WISHES MY DEAR FRIEND we are all here with you in spirit...I cannot wait to see those beautiful babies!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much Love!!!

TxScrapAddict said...

Congrats! On Firday, the real journey begins!!! Good luck and God Bless!

The Dukes Family said...

Congratulations ... I can't wait to see pictures. Life with twins is awesome.

Valerie Chmielak said...

Deb- Wishing you the BEST of luck and hoping ALL goes well tomorrow for you!! That is SOOO AWESOME that you made it this far!!! Welcomr to the world of being a mommy of twins!! ;)

Scrap for Joy said...

Your days of any kind of rest will soon be a fading memory :) I'm remembering you and your little family in my prayers for a smooth delivery. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Sara Garza said...

Hey Deb, just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today!

carrie said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I AM THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL DAY!!!!!!!!