Monday, February 18, 2008

PLAY corkboard fun!

Can I say how much I *love* this project?! Danielle is so inspiring. Below are instructions on how she made this!



Ok...what I did with these was paint the letters white, sprinkle on some glitter, added a few embellishments. And then I put them onto a cork bulletin board that I painted. It's supposed to be a fun little board to hang in a child's room to keep track of their game times, or pictures of friends, notes, etc. The letters were attached to the cork really easily with glue dots!



The only thing I'm not quite happy with is the color the corkboard turned out. I painted it pink but after it soaked in, it mixed with the color of the brown cork and turned a salmony color. If I had to do it again, I'd paint the cork white first and then add the color I wanted it. Or 'prime' it so to speak.




Love it so much! And it's such a great addition to a child's room, family room or kitchen. I know I'm constantly writing little notes and what a great idea to have them all in one place. The PLAY letters can be found HERE.



"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw

5 comments:

LaurieStar said...

I really love the way this turned out! Such a creative new use of the letters. Awesome! :)

Jolene said...

Dani, this is awesome! Great job incorporating these letters into a useful and beautiful project.

Colleen said...

What a neat idea...I love that you used the letter in a bigger project!

Carrie O said...

Everything Danielle does is simply beautiful! She has talent oozing from her pores... :) I love it.

Preemie Mom said...

Love that corkboard!! Very cute!

Veronica