Tuesday, February 05, 2008

a little update

Boy, what a week and a half it's been! I've been a little quiet here on the blogfront because I was in the hospital for a week. I'm home now and doing ok, babies are just fine but it was a scary few days for us. I awoke one night to excessive bleeding and was rushed to emergency. If it hadn't stopped (luckily it did) they would have delivered the babies. It was so scary to not know what was going on and when they put the fetal heart monitors on it felt like an eternity for them to tell us they could hear two heartbeats. The babies have been very active and have good, strong heartbeats and seem to be doing just fine in there. It was so surreal that I almost can't believe it happened. I have placenta previa which is more common with multiples. I'm now on bedrest and just really taking it easy. I'm 27 weeks along and they've told me that 28 weeks is our next big milestone and then 32 weeks so I'm just hoping they stay put for at least that long.

We were a little delayed on some of our orders because we stopped production for the week. All orders are now caught up but I'm so sorry for the delay.

On an exciting note.. I'll be announcing our NEW design team tomorrow! Once again, we had some pretty amazing people submit their creations and it was a VERY difficult decision. Thank you all for checking in and visiting us here.

23 comments:

Colleen said...

OMGosh...I had no idea Deb!!! What a scary situation. I am SO glad that all turned out well and that both you and the babies are healthy. You make sure to take care of yourself and those precious bundles!!!

HUGS!

LaurieStar said...

I am sooooooo glad that all of you are okay. I have been so worried and it relieves me to no end to see you posting again! Hang in there, Mom and babies! :)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Be sure to get plenty of rest! (I guess that will be easy on bedrest huh?) Hugs!

Raechelle said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thankfully everything is well with you and the babies! Here's praying for at least 32 weeks! Take care!
Rae

luvstoscrapbook said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about your scary situation. I wish the best for you and your little ones.

Maija said...

Thank God you and the babies are ok!

~Stephanie~ said...

Oh wow Deb! I am soo sorry you had such a stressful and scary week! I am glad to hear you and your little ones are hanging in there!!

Stacy said...

What a scare! Am thrilled to hear that all is well (and confined to bed). Be well Mama.

stampinsilvia said...

WOW, I'm sooo glad to hear you and the babies are doing well! We will be keeping you and your family in our prayers!

~Babychaser~ said...

Wow... I didn't realize you were expecting (I'm 35 weeks along myself), and with twins no less (I'm only doing one at a time so far). I am so glad to hear everything is ok. Sorry to hear you are on bedrest, but God knows what we need better than we do ourselves! I'm sure he has something special for you during this time! I love seeing all your fun posts! Sometime I'm hoping to join the ranks of people who get to try your letters! :) I'm formulating an idea for my kitchen already! :)

Blessings!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Deb, I'm so glad the babies and you are all okay. Take it easy, obey your doctor's orders! I'll be praying for you to keep making those milestones in your timeline for delivery!
{{{hugs}}}

*Heidi*

Julie Masse said...

Wow Deb! What a scare! I'm so glad to hear you are home and doing better .. . take care - don't overdo it! We'll be praying for you!

Regina said...

What a scary situation...I am SO glad that everything turned out well and the babies are doing good! Make sure you take care of yourself and those little ones. Take care!!!

Jolene said...

I am so glad to hear that you and the babies are doing well. Get some rest!

denean said...

Glad to hear you are all doing ok!!

Chelsea said...

I'm glad you're in the clear for now, Deb. Although, I must say bedrest doesn't sound like a fun option but as long as it keeps those babies safe...

Jennifer Stewart said...

DEB!! I had no idea! I'm so glad everything is OK. Wow, how scary that must have been. Thank God the babies and you are safe.

Hugs,
Jennifer

Carrie said...

YOu be sure to keep taking care of yourself...My thoughts are always with you my friend!!! :)
I cannot wait for the announcement tomorrow....very exciting!!! :)
Take care...you worried everyone!!!!

Sugar Bear said...

Hi Deb,
This sounds so scary. So happy you and the babies are okay.
Karla

Melanie said...

How scary! Glad you are doing betterand the babies are ok, take care of yourself and take it easy!

gordostyle said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so very thankful that all of you are well! I'm so sorry you had to go through that scarey time period!

Enjoy your (bed)rest!
Thinking of you!
Smiles,
Jennifer

Jenna Franklin said...

I'm so glad everything's ok!!!

TxScrapAddict said...

How scary. I wnetinto premature labour with my son at 28 weeks. It's very scary. The bedrest can be boring, but make the most of it and protect those babies!!! You and your little bundles of joy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Vicki