Thursday, January 03, 2008

sis boom fabulousness!

This is the start of our NEW design team projects. The wonderfully talented Jennifer Paganelli from Sis Boom is our guest designer this month. If you're not familiar with Jennifer, she designs gorgeous fabric (visit her blog and website!) She's taught classes at the very popular Silver Bella event and she's also a paper designer for Daisy D's, which just happens to be one of my favorite companies! I just love their vintage inspired designs.

Jennifer's posted a little how-to on her vintage and glittery project. Take a peek!
Find some old Victorian sheet music that you love.. these were found on e-bay. Xerox onto card stock, adhere to letters with mod podge!
Once these are dry, sprinkle the outline with very fine glass glitter. I will say our silver German glass glitter is wonderful to work with - no painting is needed underneath because it covers every little spot! Jennifer gives a great link for larger quantities available in several color options. Let glitter dry.
Look in your old findings box of vintage jewels and Jazz up that pretty crown with some hot glue! FYI after things settle down I'll put them on the wall! Jennifer posted lots more photos on her blog and wrote some sweet things. :) Have a look at her inspiration!
This lettering style is called Olive Juice and we just updated it on Etsy with the word DIVA. If you're interested in ordering a different letter or word, just e-mail me and I'll put an order together for you (I can also e-mail you a .jpg of what the word will look like.) deb[at]sayitwithletters[dot]com. The crown is already available in our shop.
Thanks Jennifer for your fabulous and inspiring ideas! What fun! And keep checking in over the next week because we'll be posting our design teams projects too!

19 comments:

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Deb, I love what Jennifer did with your letters! Fabulous! Darling! Fabulous! Thanks for the links to the various items you mentioned, too.
*Heidi*
Everyday Cookies blog

Dee Light said...

I just love those letters!!

Sugar Bear said...

I love it all esp. the crown idea!
Karla

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so in love with these letters! And that crown!! WOWIEEE!!!

colleen schaan said...

Amazing!!! I LOVE the vintage music sheet idea...what a stunning project. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Scrap for Joy said...

What a great set-love anything with old sheet music. I already have the crown, hmmmm......
Beautiful Jennifer!
Joyce

Kory Dordea said...

What fabulous ideas!!! WOW! :-)

Kory Dordea said...

WOW!! She did an amazing job! What a great idea! :-)

{monica} said...

Those are stunning!!

LaurieStar said...

Those came out so great - I love the vintage feel! Cool! :)

Marci Knecht said...

What an amazing job. I love the font, it goes great with the cream and black. Very elegant yet funky at the same time.

all about Pretty! said...

Hi Deb, thanks for visiting me at my new blog. It's a please to meet you. It's been so exciting to meet new creative and inspiring friends. Once I've completed all my Winterbella projects in January I'll definitely pop by your Etsy shop and try some of these letters, they are gorgeous!

Take care,
Laura

all about Pretty! said...

Hi Deb,

Thanks so much for visiting my new blog and your kind words. It's so exciting to meet new creative & inspiring friends. As soon as I've got my Etsy up & running I'll pop by your Etsy to try some of those letters. They are gorgeous!

Take care,
Laura

Raechelle said...

these are beautiful! I especially love the crown! xylhtz

Jolene said...

Love the sheet music idea. Beautiful!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Wow! Absolutely lovely!!!

Erin said...

Love those letters!

Paper Princess said...

Ooo....these are just gorgeous!! I think I may be in the market to purchase some of these Deb ;)

Jessica said...

I just adore the vintage look of this! Yum!