Tuesday, January 15, 2008

pinboards

So I was having fun visiting the Pottery Barn website.. of course getting inspiration for the nursery :) when I found these adorable pinboards (at a hefty price!) Which I found really funny since I've been working on one for the nursery using a giant number 2 for my twins! Just had to share... the animals range in size from about 30 to 36 inches but also range in price from $100 to $130! But why not get our unfinished shapes and do it yourself for a lot less money! Look how cute... and so easy to do. [EDIT: I had a couple people comment on how I'd cover these.. I would first cover the shape with cork.. thick enough that it will take a pushpin because the MDF we use for our shapes is really hard and probably won't take well to pushpins. I'd use an xacto knife to cut around the cork. Then depending on how the corners look when covering with the fabric I may even add a thin layer of batting and then cover with the fabric. When I'm done with my '2' I'll let you know my tips!] Such fun stuff! If you do one, please send me the link!

13 comments:

LaurieStar said...

Oh my goodness, these are so adorable! How would you do that? Put batting on it and then cover it? Someone ought to make one and give us a tutorial! :) Very cute!

Chrys said...

what a great idea!!!!!!!! :)

Sugar Bear said...

Cute! Would you cover it in cork and then in fabric?
Karla

Jolene said...

Absolutely darling idea! Please let us know how your @ works out.

Kory Dordea said...

What a fun idea!!! :-)

colleen said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I totally see a class coming in my future!!!

Amazing!

Paper Princess said...

Super a great idea!! I can't wait to see your completed creation....And I hear Cosmo Cricket (my fav. paper line) is coming out with fabric- Oh, the possiblities!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Great idea! love it- perfect for another great idea for your shapes and letters!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

gordostyle said...

I've made something similar to these - same concept/different shape. I used foam board behind the fabric and it worked better than the "too-thin" cork board that I bought. :o) Just thought I'd share that idea too.

Smiles,
Jennifer

Danielle said...

OMG...what an awesome idea!!!!!!

Carrie O said...

..Deb good idea.... Good class idea! After babies that is :)

rjones said...

Thes are adorable...and what a great idea...can't wait to see your "2"

Martha said...

cute ideas... you could also using batting and put fabric over it. Can't wait to see what you do.