Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Design Team :: Day 2

Prepare to be INSPIRED!


Hi! My name is Kory Dordea! I am 26 years old and I reside down south in beautiful Marietta, Georgia with my ultra supportive husband of two years, Ed. We have a purebred mutt named Tana and a beautiful blue-eyed kitty named Tucker. I have a degree in Elementary Education and taught the third grade in Las Vegas for two years before we decided to pack up and move to the Atlanta area. Since our move, I have become a stay-at-home-wife, which I LOVE because now I have lots of time to focus on scrapbooking. I hope to fulfill my dream of becoming a mommy very soon!

Believe it or not, I have been scrapbooking for 12 years! I first became interested in scrapbooking during my freshman year of highschool when I attended a Creative Memories party. Lucky for me, my mom has always been crafty, so she bought me some basic supplies and fueled the fire. Although they sometimes make me cringe, I enjoy looking back at my older projects, not only to see how I have grown and changed, but also to see how the scrapbooking and paper arts industry has evolved. Where scrapbooking and paper crafts used to be a part-time hobby to me, they are now an absolute obsession. Creating art is my passion and a creative outlet that allows me to preserve my family's memories for generations to come!








I am so excited and honored to be a part of the Say it With Letters design team and I hope to be able to provide a little bit of inspiration to others. Besides being on the design team here at SIWL, I also do design team work for Simply Obsessed, Moments to Remember, AC Bailey Designs, and Serendipity Kits. And although I just started submitting my work for publication back in July, I've already been published over 40 times, including a fabulous altered art project featuring SIWL wooden letters that will debut in the April 2008 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine! I guess you could say that I've been pretty lucky so far! :-)







.
This BRAND NEW lettering style for us can be found HERE. Kory has posted more about her letters HERE. Visit her blog for tons of inspiration!



"Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace." Buddha

15 comments:

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Beautiful, beautiful work Kory! And I'm just so happy to get to know you!

Jolene said...

Kory, that's some serious pub record for such a short time. Love your letters!

Sara Garza said...

Kory it's so nice getting to know you a little better too. I love your project, I especially like all of the little touches you added like the snowflakes and the rubons.

Julie Masse said...

Very cool Deb! Love what she's done with these - that glitter is the best! :)

Jessica said...

Great detials! Awesome job!

LaurieStar said...

Loved your introduction, Kory! Your work is beautiful! (And it's an obsession to me, too!) Glad to see I'm not alone!

Ostrekofamily.typepad.com said...

WOW! I guess so...inspired! Love the details on each letter! WOW!

Sugar Bear said...

That is certainly a beautiful piece. I love the use of the silver glitter. Kory - you are very talented and congrats on accomplishing so much at a young age! Deb - you have assembled and awesome team!
Karla

Kory Dordea said...

Thanks for all of the sweet comments everyone! So kind! :-) And thanks to Deb for being so fabulous and adding me to her rockin' design team! :-)

TxScrapAddict said...

I love what you've done Kory! Wow 40 times pubed already, you're good!!!! I'm a SAHM. Good luck on the kids. But, I can warn you, once it happens your world will be turned upside down. All for the better, of course. Lot less time for scrapping though, unless you don't sleep! Good luck. I|'m gonna go and check out your blog now.

Jann Gray said...

Oh these are just GORGEOUS! love all the details!

Raechelle said...

these are lovely! I really like the snow effect!

Danielle said...

These are just beautiful! I love the colors Kory chose!!

Molly said...

Oh my wow! These are just so amazing! WOW! WOW! WOW!

Elaine said...

OMG Those are sooo fabulous~ Love them all! What great inspiration and beautiful creations!
Elaine
eyp963@msn.com