Tuesday, November 20, 2007

so thankful.

With Thanksgiving this week we all seem to reflect on what we are most thankful for. What a difference a year makes I tell ya! Last year at this time my father was diagnosed with cancer and we didn't know what type of cancer, if he'd need chemo, operation, radiation. It was pretty much a nightmare as you can imagine. I am SO happy to say he is completely cancer free, finally getting his appetite back and even golfing a few times a week! So thankful for him and good health.

I'm also completely blessed and thankful to share that we are pregnant! This was a long and sometimes very lonely road of nearly 7 years trying to get pregnant and we finally are!! And if you couldn't quite tell from the ultrasound that's two little ones in there. hee hee. Yup - we are expecting twins! Doubly blessed - or double the trouble, whichever way you look at it! I was just talking with my dad today (who has a twin brother) and he said... well, two boys would be nice because what one doesn't think of, the other one will! HA! I've heard some stories about those two and they were a handful!! :) I'm excited for the holidays and to work on a nursery. I have too many ideas in my head and just need to settle on one! But just imagine the fun of decorating with our letters and shapes. I love it!! I'll be sure and share along the way. What are you thankful for this year?

19 comments:

Colleen said...

Yippie-Yahoo! Congratulations on your wonderful news...how totally exciting for you! I can tell the little darlins are adorable already...

I am so thankful for my health, my family, my wonderfully understanding and loving husband, my talents, and all of my awesome cyber friends. HUGS!

michelle said...

wow! CONGRATULATIONS! Truly a double blessing! I'm so happy for you. What a special time this is for you.

Julie Masse said...

Oh Deb how exciting!!! Huge congrats to you!! Hope you are feeling well and that all continues to go well - what fun you will be having this time next year! :)

cheryl mezzetti said...

Deb I am a cancer survivor as well as my son, Jon. We are leaving friday for a celebration in florida as we both have been cancer free...myself: 10 years
my son, Jon - 11 years.
Our paths cross for a reason...congrats on the great news.
:)

The Dukes Family said...

Congratulations to you! I also have twins and there is nothing better. It's double the joy.

I'm thankful for my family!

Sugar Bear said...

Deb,
Big hugs and congratulations to you! What wonderful, exciting news!
Karla

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Congratulations on your double helping of Thanksgiving blessings!!!

paige said...

wow!!!
yippie for you--what an extra wonderful blessing to be grateful for this time of year.
xo

Jolene said...

Double the congratulations!! How exciting. You have been blessed!

Natasha Burns said...

What wonderful news for you! Congratulations! Sounds like you both deserve a break and wow getting twice the fun at once!!!

LaurieStar said...

I am thankful for you, my friend. And for those blessed little babies growing inside you. You are going to be a wonderful mother!

PS - I had no idea your Dad was a twin! Cool! :)

Martha said...

congrats on your little ones....

rjones said...

Congrats on your double blessing. I am so happy for you.

Kory Dordea said...

I am so excited for you and hope that I will follow in your footsteps soon!!! :-) Congrats!

Chrys said...

Congrats!!! What a blessing!!!!

Scrap for Joy said...

I just got back from a visit with my brand new Grandson and read your news. Wishing you God's richest blessings on your wonderful miracle. What a great Thanksgiving for all of you. You deserve every happiness.
Joyce

Chelsea said...

congrats! What a fun feeling to finally be pregnant (we've only been trying for a couple of months). Make sure to take it easy and enjoy it while you can!

jenn shurkus said...

your last email, made it seem like there were 2 little ones :) sooo happy for you debbie :) you and steve deserve it!!!! congratulations!! *hugs*

elizabeth said...

holy cow girl!
big double congrats to you and your hubby :)