Monday, November 12, 2007

crafty Saturday

OK Carrie (and Laurie)... this one's for you! I spent Saturday crafting with friends. It was such an inspiring day.. my friend Adele has a gorgeous studio on the lake and every imaginable tool or supply handy! We talked, we ate this incredible chocolate that one of the ladies husband made (best chocolate I've ever tasted - EVER!) And we actually got things done! I worked on a new JOY letter set that we'll be offering as a kit and I also worked on my ornament swap. I didn't finish them but it's a good start. That's pretty good for me since I usually just end up talking and nothing much gets accomplished. And I need a new camera so the only photos that really came out are closeup shots. But isn't it inspiring?... Oh, and the other cool thing is that Adele wants to do a workshop next summer using our letters!! Very exciting. :)

















This is the artwork of Gretchen Gudefin. Just look at the detail in her paintings! She goes on nature walks and brings home bits of nature to paint. It's just beautiful!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

You're a lucky duck to be able to spend the day crafting with friends. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Those pictures are amazing! That is true talent. I especially like the one where she is painting the leaves. Oh, and the puppy...as I am partial to pups! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Marci Knecht said...

Wow, what amazing works of art! I love the three doors, really creative use of odds and ends....and that birdhouse? GORGEOUS!

Martha said...

wow - that is all amazing....

Kory Dordea said...

Amazing projects! Wow, so super creative! Glad you had fun this weekend! Sounds like an awesome place to be creative being on the lake and all!

Kim said...

Hi Deb!! Stunning creations! I can imagine that this was a fun filled day!

Raechelle said...

That sounds like a perfect day! The projects are amazing!

Sara said...

I love the Tim Holtz creation. What a cute idea to make a mirror/frame - he always come up with the best projects :)

LaurieStar said...

Oh my goodness! I love all those projects! Especially all that altered stuff! How cool! I am so jealous! Glad you had fun! Thanks for sharing the pics!

michelle said...

okay, you look like you are having way too much fun! love the design team thing. i'm gonna keep looking....