Friday, November 30, 2007

acorns revisited

Hello and Happy Friday!

I just had to share these photos I received recently. I can't believe how popular our acorn shape has been. People are still ordering it! I have to say I love it too. And from these two designs, you can see just how different the look can be and each equally fabulous!

The first one with the sweet buttons across was designed by Dawn Hopkins. I don't think she has a blog (but she needs one.) :) I love the swirly paper she used and it looks like she embossed the top paper but I can't quite tell from the photo. And I love the extra touch of putting thread or ribbon through the buttons. I think it gives it that finishing touch. I love it!
[EDIT: Dawn DOES have a blog. :) Go visit. She also told me for the top paper she used her Fiskars embossing plate to add the swirls. She then lightly sanded to make the embossing stand out.] I don't have one of these Fiskars embossing plates... gotta go check out a new tool! Love Fiskars products!

And this glittery goodness was designed by Mariah. Mariah is a new customer of ours and is quite a talent. She designs wedding invitations, stationery, logos.. a bit of everything on her website. I love these sweet cupcake cards (with a strawberry on top!) Too cute. Did you see the row of bling she added to her acorn? Don't you love it?






.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Wonderful job ladies! Thanks for sharing your inspiring ideas with us! If you've bought any of our products and want to share your creations, please e-mail me a photo. debdamboise[at]comcast[dot]net. We'd love to see them!

5 comments:

Raechelle said...

these are beautiful!

The Hopkins Family said...

Thank you so much for posting my acorn! For the top I used my Fiskars embossing plate to add the swirls. I then lightly sanded to make the embossing stand out.

Julie Masse said...

Both are gorgeous! :) This acorn is so versatile!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Both the acorns are so pretty! I love how you post pictures from your customers, it really inspires me! Your store is doing so well, of course your products are top notch!
*Heidi*
http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Wow! These are so gorgeous and inspiring!!!! TFS!