Thursday, October 11, 2007

acorn love


I do have to say the acorn is probably my favorite new Fall shape. And my friend Joyce was kind enough to send me her creation! I just love it! Here's what she used and how she did it!

The printed paper is Melissa Frances, their new Fall line (as is the sticker.) The acorn top is Bazzill cardstock that has been embossed with the Quickutz Revolution diamond die and then lightly highlighted with Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink. She says in person it shows up very nicely. Some grosgrain ribbon under the cap and a little piece of coarse twine tied to the stem. She used dimensional tape under the sticker (which is mounted on thin chipboard) to make it stand out. I love the dimensional tape too. Totally love it Joyce. Beautiful job! And that's a little Friday inspiration for ya!

Unfinished acorn shapes can be found HERE

Thank you so much for all the inquiries and submissions for our Design Team. We are so excited with the amazing talent (and nice people) we're getting to know. I know it's going to be a tough decision. Wish we could pick you all. :) There's still time to apply... deadline is November 10th.

Have a fun and creative weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Kory Dordea said...

Love the little acorn mini book - too cute! Can't wait to see who will be on the new DT!

Colleen said...

Wow...Joyce did an amazing job altering that acorn! How cute! Glad you are getting lots of good stuff for the DT submission.

Julie Masse said...

Beautiful!! Ok, now I may "have" to get that acorn! :)

LaurieStar said...

That acorn is just the cutest! I like it even better now that Joyce altered it. Adorable!

Rachael Wood said...

i am SOOOOO an acorn girl! This is very cute!